BHS Member Center: District Profile - How to Update or Change General District Information
The BHS Member Center hosts information about your district for members, associates, and general individuals interested in your district on our site.
On the following pages, is a tutorial to show you how to update or change the information displayed on your general district profile.
Authorized leaders for making changes to district level profile information:
- District - President, Executive VP, Secretary or Marketing & Public Relations Leader
The following information can be updated or changed in a District Profile:
- District Primary Contact (Note: This is not based on a particular district role, this information is determined by each district)
- District Contact Email Address
- District Contact Phone Number (if applicable)
- District Contact Fax Number (if applicable)
- Social Media and Marketing Links (Note: these are not required links to be posted)
- District Website
- District Facebook Page (if applicable)
- District Twitter Page (if applicable)
- District Pinterest Page (if applicable)
- District Flickr Page (if applicable)
- District SoundCloud Page (if applicable)
- District YouTube Page (if applicable)
- District Instagram Page (if applicable
Login to the BHS Member Center
- Login to the BHS Member Center by visiting http://members.barbershop.org
- Utilizing your Username and Password will activate your permissions as a District leader. If you are not listed in the Member Center as one the roles above, you will not be able to update/change your district profile.
- After logging in, Click Districts on the left-hand side.
- Then, click My Districts.
- Your district should display, click on the district in which you want to view/edit.
Here is an EXAMPLE of what you should see, with your district information displayed
3. Click on Edit District towards the left side of your district profile. (Note: If you are not a district role as designated above, you will not see “Edit district” as an option)
4. The current displayed Contact Information and Social Media & Marketing Links will display. Information that you’re not interested in updating or is not applicable to your district, should display as blank. This is live information. Here is an EXAMPLE:
5. You can add, update or change the displayed information by entering the new information in the respective field.
6. As mentioned earlier, not all fields are applicable for your district. You can leave the information blank as none of these fields are required.
7. After submitting, the new information will display on the View District option towards the left. This is the information that will display publicly for all members, associates, and those interested in learning more about your district.
8. Changes will automatically become effective upon submission so changes should be made with great care.