BHS Member Center: Chapter Profile - How to Update or Change Dues Prices
As a general reminder, it is not necessary to contact Society Headquarters to change or update your chapter dues prices.
The following is a guide to changing dues rates if your chapter has voted to change the price of dues.
Authorized leaders for making changes to chapter level dues prices:
- Chapter - President, Secretary, or Treasurer
- District - President, Secretary, or Treasurer
BHS creates invoices in advance of the due date of payment. It is our policy that in order to implement dues rate changes, they must be made at least 60 days prior to the new calendar year.
Attempted changes with a start date within 60 days will not be accepted by the Member Center system.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you want your Dues to Change as of 01/01/2018
In order to implement dues rate changes that are expected to be effective 1/1/2018, the changes MUST be made before 11/1/2017 (more than 60 days in advance). We will be running invoices for January in November and the amounts must be in the system prior to running the invoices.
Login to the BHS Member Center
- Login to the BHS Member Center by visiting http://members.barbershop.org
- Utilizing your Username and Password will activate your permissions as a Chapter President, Secretary or Treasurer. If you are not listed in the Member Center as one of those roles, you will not be able to update/change your chapter dues prices.
- After logging in, Click Chapters on the left-hand side.
- Then, click My Chapters.
- Your chapters should display, click on the chapter in which you want to view/edit.
Here is an example of what you should see, with your chapter information displayed:
3. Click on Dues Pricing towards the left-hand side of your chapter profile. (Note: If you are not a chapter role as designated above, you will not see “dues pricing” as an option)
4. The entries under Current Dues reflect the information that is currently recorded in the computer system. This is live information. Here is an EXAMPLE:
5. You can change these prices by clicking on Edit Dues next to the “historical dues” option.
6. You will then be invited to update one or all of the dues categories for your chapter. Make updates or changes by selecting or entering a:
a. Duration- Most Chapter Dues Categories only offer an Annual Option. Select the option that you’d wish to update.
b. Price- Enter a dollar amount that you’d like to revise or update.
c. Effective Date- Our system will automatically restrict you to select a date that is at least 60 days away.
d. Status- If you do not have any members nor do you expect a member classification to be active, you may select “Inactive”, though we strongly suggest that all statuses by marked Active and have dues amounts assigned, in case a member of your chapter in the future falls into that category.
7. After submitting, the new information will display on the Historical Dues tab (under the respective year) with the effective date as designated. This will automatically update our invoicing and future member additions for your chapter.
8. Changes will automatically become effective on the effective date so changes should be made with great care.