BHS Member Center: How to Renew Your AHSOW Subscription
The Ancient Harmonious Society of Woodshedders (AHSOW) was formed in 1977 with the purpose to preserve the skill of woodshedding as an art form within The Barbershop Harmony Society.
Woodshedding is three individual voices (tenor, bari, and bass) creating barbershop harmonies by ear to a Lead's melody, without any written arrangement. The melody is introduced by the lead so all can become familiar with it, but should not have a well-known arrangement This art hearkens back to over a century ago, to the origins of barbershop quartet singing, where four men would gather (frequently at the local barber shop) and harmonize to the familiar tunes of the day.
Renew your AHSOW Subscription with the Barbershop Harmony Society as either a member or associate through our Member Center.
Login securely at https://members.barbershop.org using your email address associated with the Barbershop Harmony Society. If you have forgotten your password, you can visit here to reset: https://members.barbershop.org/members/forgot_password
Renewal of this subscription can be accomplished in a few different ways:
- Pay online at members.barbershop.org (no fee)
- Send Credit/Debit Card payment info by mail (no fee)
- Send Credit/Debit Card payment info by FAX (no fee)
- Provide Credit/Debit Card payment information by phone at 800.876.7464 (no fee)
- Coordinate payment with a friend, family member, fellow chapter member, quartet member or chapter secretary. You pay them, they pay on your behalf using any of the above methods (no fee).
- Send a check by mail ($10 fee)**
**Allow extra time for processing. $10 fee recoups high check-processing costs.
AHSOW Subscription Renewal
- Login to the BHS Member Center by visiting: members.barbershop.org
- Use your username (email address on file with BHS) and password. If you forget your password, visit here to be emailed a temporary password: https://members.barbershop.org/members/forgot_password. If you have forgotten or you do not know your username, contact the BHS Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.876.SING.
- After logging in, you should see a banner towards the top that looks similar to the below example: OR OR
- Click on Renew Your Membership(s) OR Activate Your Membership(s). You will be brought to a screen to enter your credit/debit card information that looks similar to below:
- If you would like to remove a subscription contact the BHS Customer Service Team at email@example.com or 800.876.7464 BEFORE entering/submitting your credit card information.
What if I am not currently a member of AHSOW but would like to join?
In order to join AHSOW you must pass a quick audition. This can be done at most local events and BHS's major events (Midwinter, International and Harmony University). For more information where to join, contact the AHSOW leadership here: http://www.ahsow.org/contact.shtml
Do I need to be a Member or Associate of BHS in order to renew my subscription with AHSOW?
No - only to renew your AHSOW subscription using the Member Center. Affiliates and those who are not currently members or associates of the Barbershop Harmony Society must renew their subscription with AHSOW directly through their website here: http://www.ahsow.org/membership.shtml.
If I am not current as a BHS Member or Associate of BHS but am interested in continuing in AHSOW, how do I do that?
Those who were members or associates of BHS but are not currently can maintain their membership with AHSOW directly here: http://www.ahsow.org/membership.shtml
Questions or additional assistance?
For assistance, contact our Customer Service Team at 800-876-SING (7464) or firstname.lastname@example.org.